SUBMISSION HINTS AND TIPS
Our judges are looking for specific information to help them assess each submission. We strongly recommend you follow the helpful hints and tips below to ensure your submission is ticking all the boxes!
For clarification on any terms and conditions for the Awards, please contact:
Tel: +971 4 407 2742
- Create a submission team and do not leave the preparation to a junior member of the team.
- Make sure that you have responded to the criteria outlined for each category.
- Prepare each section in bullet point form first then flesh it out. That way you ensure you cover all points in the space allowed.
- Brainstorm the criteria with others.
- Highlight each question at the beginning of each response.
- Provide supporting materials and small appendices only.
- Be particular with words - punctuate, proof-read, spell out acronyms.
- Make time to prepare and check your submission
- Arrange an external review, along the way and on completion.
WHAT THE JUDGES ARE LOOKING FOR
- Easy to read, concise, factual information - with vital information contained in the core of the submission and not in the supporting documentation
- Judges are seeking points of distinction that make the submission stand out from the rest – the gems, the examples of lateral thinking, excellence and achievements
- Clear and specific responses to the questions.
- Evidence to back your claims
- A focus on quality not quantity
- Assuming judges know your business
- Not involving management – and others
- Writing more than the allocated allowance
- Placing core information into the appendix
- Failure to really read and interpret the criteria
- Relying on a belief ‘we’re good’, and not substantiating this by a lack of supporting materials
- Believing that submissions can be sent after the deadline also